The Advanced RF over Fiber L-Band Link provides variable Rx gain and very high linearity paired with high input signal handling. It is tailored for direct signal conversion at large antennas and RF signal transmission in uplink stations. Via RF Sensing the transmit and the receive module provide continuous RF Signal Status Monitoring on both ends of the transmission chain. LNB Powering including current monitoring is integrated in the transmit module. To obtain a quick overview about the system status LEDs at the modules enable a direct visual check and the RF Monitor Port enables straightforward and continuous signal monitoring. Integrated push buttons are available for local gain control and for LNB Powering. Various electrical and optical connectors and two transmission wavelengths are offered to cover all customer requirements. The hot swappable modules fit into all indoor and outdoor chassis of the RF over Fiber Optribution series.
The most commonly used RF over Fiber system configurations are described by DEV’s RF over Fiber Solution Leaflets. Further chassis configurations are available.
- Compared with Coax Cabling RF optical transmission allows increased Signal Quality
- No Frequency dependent Loss eliminates the Necessity for Slope Compensation
- With integrated LNB Powering no Need for additional Equipment
- Variable Gain permits Output Level Balancing for different Signal Paths
- Advanced local Operation by integrated Monitoring Ports, Push Buttons, and LEDs
- Ideally suited for Downlink Facilities with larger Antennas
- Designed for signal transmission without degradation in uplink stations
- Receiver compatible with Optical LNB, Dual Fiber Output Ku-band PLL LNB, from Swedish Microwave