The DWDM analog RF over Fiber link provides variable Tx and Rx gain, slope compensation, and very high linearity paired with low and high input signal handling with optical budgets up to 25 dB (recommended). Equipped with continuous optical modulation index optimization it is ideally suited for extended L-Band signal transmission for very long distance including DWDM applications -up to 49 different wavelengths- for distant remote plant connections and for applications requiring high input sensitivity. Via RF Sensing the transmit and the receive module provide continuous RF Signal Status Monitoring on both ends of the RF optical transmission chain. LNB Powering including current monitoring is integrated in the transmit module. To obtain a quick overview about the system status LEDs at the modules enable a direct visual check and the RF Monitor Port enables straightforward and continuous signal monitoring. Integrated push buttons are available for local gain control and for LNB Powering. Various electrical and optical connectors are offered to cover all customer requirements. The hot-swappable modules fit into all indoor and outdoor chassis of the RF over Fiber Optribution series.
- Compared with Coax Cabling RF optical Transmission allows increased Signal Quality
- No Frequency dependent Loss eliminates the Necessity for Slope Compensation
- DWDM capability allows multiple signal transmission over a single fiber (dark fiber)
- With integrated LNB Powering no Need for additional Equipment
- Advanced local Operation by integrated Monitoring Ports, Push Buttons, and LEDs
- Applicable for long Distances with continuous Optical Modulation Index Optimization
- Receiver compatible with Optical LNB, Dual Fiber Output Ku-band PLL LNB, from Swedish Microwave