The Distributed CCAP DOCSIS 3.1 Indoor Node is a high-performance and cost-effective cable network edge device, which is designed based on CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 standards and compatible with DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0, C- and Euro-DOCSIS. It supports Distributed Access Architectures (DAA) and can be operated remotely. With DOCSIS, PacketCable/PCMM EQAM and optical receiver it is suited for all applications including internet, voice, VOD and CATV. The Distributed CCAP DOCSIS 3.1 Indoor Node comes in a 1 Rack Unit frame.
- For Distributed Access Architecture (DAA)
- PHY and MAC layer can be moved into the node
- The higher signal quality enables higher QAM modulations
- Significantly higher transmission speeds
- Big savings in headend costs, space and energy consumption